Tuesday 17 September 2013

Variety is the spice of life... /Exit tickets 2

http://geordiescience.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/exit-ticket-afl.html
I have written before about exit tickets. I have been using them once per week for my GCSE classes. the current year 11 took to them well, and the current Year 10 have been happy to do them too.

I find it very useful. While I mark them formatively, I do record a brief mark I think they would get into my mark book and through last year I noticed an increase in the scores that I was awarding. More than that though it helps the students to consolidate disjointed ideas within a topic. And I learn a lot about where the students are going wrong with ideas and exam technique.

These are my resources for OCR Gateway:

P1:
http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Exit-Tickets-for-OCR-Gateway-2012-P1-module-6344086/
C2:
http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Exit-Ticket-Worksheet-C2-OCR-Gateway-2011-12-spec-6319894/

However, despite this success, I am concerned that overkill with exit tickets will damped their positive effect if students get bored with them. I fear this because I want to introduce them to my department as a positive activity.

How else can I present 6 mark style questions without calling them such? I don't want to have to mark them out of six and I don't want student to fear them on the exam paper making them a big mental block. Not much to ask?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rudgleigh Ave,Bristol,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment